Horus Heresy Iron Hands Cataphractii WIP



So to go along side my Scrap Iron Hands I'm working on a small Horus Heresy Iron Hands force. So far it looks a little like this: 




I'm sure I've posted about it before, however I've added a couple of reinforcements. Since Betrayal at Calth was released I've picked up the Cataphractii Terminators and the Captain Aethon as well as the limited release Centurion that Forge World put out when they changed their website. 


So far everything is undercoated black and with these Cataphractii I've been able to refine how I'm going to paint my full army. It's a very quick scheme and gives consistent results and goes like this:

Armour
Black Undercoat
50/50 Tin Bitz, Chaos Black
Nuln Oil wash
Eshin Grey drybrush
Dwanstone drybrush

Metal
Boltgun Metal
Nuln Oil wash
Chainmail drybrush

Red (bolters, pipe)
Khorne Red
Agrax Earthshade
Khrone Red drybrush

Metal on Weapons
Boltgun Metal
Agrax Earthshade
Chainmail Drybrush

Its a very fast method, that works well. though I haven't got them all finished yet.


As you can see in the photo above with the bright flash, it leaves a nice metallic colour in bright light, but on regular daylight isn't super shiny, it almost gives a matt black texture too it, but in certain lights, you can just see the metallic sheen though. The key to it all is that the drybrush dulls down the metallic affect enough that it doesn't look like metallics unless its in a bright light source.


All five together look very imposing, ready to deal major damage! As I've said above i'm going to do the rest of the army in this method too and my scrap Iron Hands as well. I hope to have these finished by the end of the week and my Tactical Marines started too.

Well that's it for now, feel free to leave a comment below whether it be good bad or inbetween!

Zebulon

No comments:

Post a Comment