Imperial Space Marine

Hi all.

With this post I bring my completed Imperial Space Marine painted up as an Imperial Fist. Zebulon got me him for my birthday back in July. He's been sat waiting to be photograhed for a while as it's possibly been one of the quickest turn arounds from getting the model to finishing the model I've managed in a long time. 

Lets get on with some pictures.

More after the jump.




I'm really happy with how he turned overall. I used a a resin base piece from the old basing kit on this model to make the base something a little more speical than my standard bases. I then used astrogranite around the egde of it to hide the obvious transition from base to resin piece. When it came to painting him up it was an easy choice to paint him up as an Imperial Fist. There's just something about the model that screamed Imperial Fist to me. I think the pose coupled with the terrain I've based him on fits the idea of an Imperial Fist making his way through a ruined city either defended by them or beseiged by them. See as the model has no chest eagle or should trim to do red I decided to do the elbow and knee joints which as a different style of armour to the rest. I think it works nice and helps break up the yellow a bit. 

Now for a couple of side notes. Myself and Zebulon recently decided to do one of our occasional painting challenges and there is currently a vote running on the blog. If you haven't already checked it out you can find it here. The pole itself can be found in the top right corner.

Secondly there's a new blog that I would like to promote. It's called Word and Witchcraft. It's a blog just started by my girlfriend as a place where she can post short stories, poem's, etc that she's written. She has ambitions to be a writer and thought a blog would be a good place to test her wrting skills and see what people think of the kind of things she wants to write. It'll be primarily fantasy based stoires. So please check it out and see what you think.

Well that's all for now, thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment