Firestorm Armada: Aquan and Directorate Large Class Ships

Hi all. 

Today I bring some pictures of the large class ships form the Return of the Overseers boxset I picked up last year. For the Aquans its the Oannes Class Heavy Carrier and for the Directorate its the Anarchist Class Battleship. 

First up the Oannes Class Heavy Carrier. Not an out and out battleship like the Directorate's Anarchist but no less capable in its own way. As the name suggests it is part carrier meaning it can launch little ships (can't remember what the proper name for them is). I'd assume that rather than being right at the front of the fighting its role is more supportive in nature. So on with some pictures.





I really like the overall design of the ship. It has a really nice profile and I like all the curves of the hull. I'm really happy with how it turned out overall. Which isn't bad because it essentially acted as the test bed for the scheme I've used for my Aquans (as seen in previous posts). If I'm honest, halfway through paintning it I almost abandoned it to rethink the scheme as I was finding it so time intensive with all the edge highlighing. I just didn't know whether to go back and think of a scheme that would be quicker. In the end I stuck with it and I was so happy when it was done but I do think the end result was worht it int he end. 

Next up we have the Anarchist Class Battleship for the Directorate. Compared to the Aquan ship this thing is designed to be there at the front as far as I can tell. It seems like it can both dish out the damage and take a fair beating as well. So on with some pictures. 






I'm really happy with how its turned out overall. Like the rest of the Directorate fleet I've done it has a primarily dark blue hull with a bright green edge highlight. The metals have been kept dull and any engine glow effects have been done with a slightly different green to differentiate them from the hull highlights. The green highlights on blue kind of remind me of the colour scheme of the Alpha Legion from 40k. I suppose both the Alpha Legion and Directorate both like to work from the shadows int heir respective universes so I suppose the similarity of the paint scheme is approriate haha. As I've mentioned before my girlfriend chose the scheme so any similarity to the Alpha Legion scheme was genuinely a coincidence. 

That covers the two fleets in the box. The only thing left is the Overseer's themselves which I'll cover in another post.

And that's where I'll end it for today. Thanks for taking the time to have a look and please feel to leave any comments be they good, bad or somewhere in between.

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment